Learn to Skate by Fun & Games
Norwood Youth Hockey's Learn to Skate program is the first step for aspiring hockey players, or those that simply want to learn how to skate. The program is designed for first time skaters, as well as those with some skating skills, for ages 4 and up. While it is a large group setting, players are divided into smaller groups by ability, where coaches cater the program to the skill level of the group. This program uses fun interactive traditional playground games to teach balance, weight shift, and hand eye coordination while building basic skating skills.
For the 2016-2017 season we will be offering 3 sessions of LTS:
• Session 1 will be a 6 week program starting on Sunday September 25, 2016. The tuition for LTS 1 is $60.00.
• Session 2 will be a 9 week program starting on Sunday November 6, 2016. The tuition for LTS 2 is $100.00.
• Session 3 will be a 9 week program starting on Sunday January 22, 2017. The tuition for LTS 3 is $100.00.
Please be prepared to have your child on the ice 15 minutes prior to the start of each session.
All Learm to Skate sessions will be held at 9:00AM at the Canton Ice House.
Canton Ice House
65 North St.
Canton, MA 02021
Due to insurance reasons all LTS participants MUST register with www.usahockey.com as a player for the 2016-2017 season. If your child is 6 years of age or younger there is no fee associated with the USA Hockey registration. For children 7 and older there is a $48.00 registration fee. Once you register with USA Hockey you will receive a confirmation number. You will need this confirmation number in order to register with our Learn to Skate Program. Your child’s USA Hockey registration is valid for the entire 2016-2017 season.
We need a limited number of volunteers, both on and off the ice to make the program a success. All on-ice volunteers must formally register with NNYH and www.usahockey.com before stepping on the ice. All those interested in assisting on the ice should contact our Learn to Skate Program Director, Chris Petty, at
All players will need the following equipment:
• Helmets are required (Helmet with cage is recommended)
• Single blade skates are required
• Gloves or Mittens are recommended (Hockey Gloves or Winter Gloves/Mittens)
• Knee and Elbow protection is highly recommended (any type)
• Hockey sticks will be introduced near the end of the session.
• Comfortable clothing
If you have any registration questions, please contact our registrar, Karen Barrett, at
(CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR LTS 1)
(CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR LTS 2)
(CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR LTS 3)